Best Use of Technology - Construction News Awards 2020
This category highlights the best use of technology by any company involved in construction during the calendar year of 2019.
Entries should focus on how technology has been used by the company for its benefit, whether it is in streamlining business processes, improving the efficiency of construction, delivering a project more effectively, or anything in between.
Please note: non-technological innovations should be entered into the Innovation of the Year category instead
The technology could be used on site or in the office, and entrants should be clear whether the benefits of its use lie in performance, cost, health & safety, reliability or other factors, and provide supporting evidence.
The judges will look for evidence, in the calendar year 2019, of:
- Specific outcomes of the technology’s use
- R&D into developing the business case for technology
- Innovation in the use of technology
- Improvement in business or project performance
- Benefits of technology for clients and/or the supply chain
- The potential for wider application in the industry
- Any other stand-out performance that particularly merits this award – the ‘wow’ factor