Community Engagement Project of the Year - Construction News Awards 2021
Open to all UK projects that achieved practical completion, or equivalent between Jan 2020 to May 2021.
This project award is for construction teams that deserve recognition for their outstanding community engagement and outreach programmes during the delivery of a project.
The entry should have one main proposer but please also provide details of other relevant companies involved (as a minimum, the entry should contain details of the client, the principal contractor/engineer and a specialist contractor).
This category is not for environmental or health and safety excellence. Projects that exemplify this should be entered into the Low Carbon or Health, Safety and Wellbeing Excellence of the Year categories instead.
The judges will be looking for evidence of:
- A clear understanding of the community’s needs and how these were met
- Socially responsible construction set as a core value
- A project team that has actively sought and engaged with community concerns to arrive at a solution that best suits all parties
- Community liaison at its most effective, enabling understanding of the industry and project goals
- Help with local community projects (e.g. community centres or care homes)
- Engagement of young people as well as the wider community with the construction industry via the project
- A stand-out performance that particularly merits this award – the ‘wow’ factor