Diversity and Inclusion Excellence - Construction News Awards 2019
This award is to recognise industry-leading performance by a contractor in the calendar year 2018, where a contractor is making specific efforts to develop a diverse and inclusive culture that permeates the workforce.
The entry should demonstrate the business’s attempts to foster a more diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees, and describe how this is helping to attract and retain talent. It could include internal company initiatives, customer-facing CSR programmes, or work to promote a wide range of construction careers to appeal to different people.
This can be illustrated at both head office and project delivery level, and might also be as part of a partnership, framework or joint venture.
The entry should have one main proposer, but may also provide details of other relevant companies involved.
Judges will be looking for evidence of at least three of the following:
- Positive leadership that filters down to all levels and promoting positive role models within the business
- Staff engagement, training and a company culture to foster change
- Creating more open employment opportunities and avoiding exclusion through recruitment processes
- The setting of benchmarks for diversity and inclusion, and progress towards them
- Efforts to promote diversity and inclusion in the wider industry
- Outcomes from specific initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion
- Any other stand-out performance to go the extra mile to support staff to ensure you achieve your aims