Health, Safety and Wellbeing Excellence (Project) - Construction News Awards 2021
Open to all UK projects that achieved practical completion, or equivalent, and demonstrated outstanding performance in health, safety and wellbeing, between Jan 2020 to May 2021.
This project award is for construction teams who have shown fantastic commitment to health and safety on a particular project, achieving exemplary standards. This category celebrates the best of project-based health, safety and wellbeing in UK construction, and the entries should reflect that.
Judges will look for evidence of innovation, specific project-based initiatives designed to embed a positive culture, the site-based communication of best practice, the results/ improvements this has led to on the project and how learnings can be transferred to future schemes.
Contractors can also enter the health, safety and wellbeing excellence company award.
The judges will be looking for evidence of:
- Meeting or exceeding client demands on health, safety and wellbeing
- The outcomes of initiatives taken
- Commitment to staff training on the project
- Innovation in approach and an embedded culture on the project
- Commitment to improving employee mental health and wellbeing
- How you have extended your commitment onto future work
- Any other stand-out performance that particularly merits this award – the ‘wow’ factor