Outstanding Contribution to Construction - Construction News Awards 2019
This category is only open to finalists from the 2019 CN Specialists Awards and recognises the overall performance and contribution of a specialist contractors, or specialist subdivisions to the UK construction industry in 2018.
Specialist subdivisions of a main contractor must file accounts separately at Companies House.
Judges will be looking for evidence of business success and development, and the quality of work the contractor does for clients as demonstrated through projects worked on during the year. Above all, entrants should provide evidence that the company is contributing to creating a better industry and striving to lead change through its work.
Entrants should supply turnover and profit figures for the last two years of filed accounts and a copy of the most recent annual report if it exists.
Judges will be looking for evidence, in the calendar year 2018, of:
- Clear strategy and vision with focus on creating a better construction industry and leading change
- Excellent projects and strong relationships with clients
- Driving innovation and better working practices
- Commitment to and evidence of success in health and safety
- Good workforce culture, including training and development
- Performance on sustainability
- A stand-out performance that particularly merits this award - the ‘wow’ factor