Rising Star - Construction News Awards 2020
This is for rising stars who have been in the construction industry for 10 years or less but have shown innovative thinking, astute business acumen, made a significant contribution to a project, or otherwise demonstrated their ability to rise to the top. Entrants should be able to demonstrate how, specifically, they have made a difference to their projects or business.
They will be judged on allround ability - not only academic and work related achievements - but also their enthusiasm for construction as an industry and their ambition.
Entries should be submitted by either the nominee or their employer and should include a commendation from a senior leader within their organisation.
The judges will be looking for evidence, in the calendar year 2018, of:
- Career achievements and what the individual did to make them happen
- Academic or mentoring success
- Leadership with illustrative examples
- Initiatives conceived and/or driven by the rising star
- An outline of the project currently being worked on, the technical challenges, along with how the nominee is contributing to solving these
- Helping others, in career and/or social terms
- Career satisfaction – what have been the best experiences and highlights to date
- Ambitions, (career or for the industry) and the practical steps being taken to achieve these
- A stand-out performance that particularly merits this award – the ‘wow’ factor