Sustainable Project of the Year - Construction News Awards 2020
This category is open to all UK projects that achieved practical completion, or equivalent, during the calendar year 2019, with tangible evidence that the project has achieved or exceeded its environmentally sustainable goals during construction and is an exemplar for best practice in environmental sustainability and low-carbon construction during project delivery.
The project awards are for the team who worked together on the project - although each entry will have one main proposer, please provide details of other relevant companies involved (as a minimum, the entry should contain details of the client, the principal contractor and a specialist contractor). Larger projects in particular will be expected to reflect the size of the team.
Each application is to be accompanied by three different photographs of the completed project and may be supported by up to three different photographs of the project under construction.
This is a project category open to all construction companies.
The judges will be looking for evidence, in the calendar year 2019, of:
- Commitment to environmental sustainability throughout the project lifecycle and the supply chain
- Environmental impact during construction (with evidence such as BREEAM, LEED, etc)
- Environmental impact during use
- Client and community satisfaction for environmental considerations during project delivery
- Innovation in environmental construction
- Any other stand-out performance that particularly merits this award – the ‘wow’ factor