Training Excellence - Construction News Awards 2019
This award is for contractors who can demonstrate a positive and progressive approach to training and developing staff in the calendar year 2018.
Entrants will be assessed on the outcomes of their training initiatives, as well as the innovation shown in developing new training methods and the time allocated to training. Judges will also be looking for strong leadership and commitment to training, as well as evidence of an embedded culture of training.
This award highlights overall business performance in training, rather than one specific project or initiative, although examples of these should be included to support your entry.
This award is not for associations or agencies.
Judges will be looking for evidence, in the calendar year 2018, of:
- Outcomes and benefits of training within your company
- Innovation in training methods
- Time allocated to training
- Embedded training culture among staff and inspirational leadership
- Excellence in health and safety
- Any external accreditations
- Long-term commitment to training and upskilling of staff, including work with the supply chain
- A stand-out performance that particularly merits this award – the ‘wow’ factor